Ok, so just to quickly update....
Have you ever tried to fight a 3 year old?? I wouldn't recommend it. Because you'll lose. Every single time. So now that my nerves and worry have ceased somewhat, I've just decided to let go the whole food issue with Luke. I did some research (since that's my specialty!!) and found out that no one out there really seems to recommend forcing ANY type of food on kids--not even fruit and veggies. So, I'll just have to keep sneaking his fruit/veggies into his foods in whatever way that I can. And of course, I'll keep on offering and putting the foods on his plate and just hope that one day he decides to be adventurous. At least he takes a really good multi vitamin and appears to be growing healthy and strong. So for now anyways, I'm waving the white flag. I'm sure there will be plenty of "battles" in our future, so I'm not going to waste my energy with this one, since I'm not going to win anyways.
As for potty training, well, we're done for now. I've simply told him we'll try again later, which he was most optimistic about. "Yes, Mommy, tomorrow I'll go potty" Except that to my 3 year old, tomorrow is probably more like "next year"!!! I've accepted the fact that a September 2010 enrollment into pre-school may not happen. And that's okay (sort of). As long as we can make it into kindegarten on time, I'll be happy!
And I'm just throwing this out there. But how can Luke look exactly like his father, in every single way--even down to his adorable dimples, but on the inside be NOTHING like him?? Seriously, on the inside, he is all Mama. So, I guess it's to be expected that we'll be butting heads from time to time. And besides inheriting my slightly OCD-ish and stubborn, opionated behavior, at least I can see the good he's gotten too--like a really big heart, a curious mind, a silly personality, and such a pure sweetness that even I am not sure where it came from. Now, who am I to argue with that?
No comments:
Post a Comment