On any given morning between 0930 and 1100 hours, you can find me out and about, as I like to say! This is the best time of day that Luke and I have worked into our schedule to run errands. Luke has been up for (at least) 3 hours already. We've had breakfast, played, showered and changed and usually about to dive into our morning snack (on the go, of course) and head out the door; or as Luke prefers to call it, "car ride-y". Every day he now requests to go "car ride-y". He does not exactly like to shop, per say, but he enjoys the car trip to various places. He's obsessed with stop signs, buses, trucks, tractors, railroad tracks, and anything loud that moves on the road...a typical little boy. Lucky for me, this breaks up our day and I am able to partake in a pasttime I have grown to love.
I say grown to love, because the shopping we do consists primarily for groceries, diapers, etc. Nothing fun like a new wardrobe type of shopping! So, I drag Luke in and out of CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Giant, Bloom, and Shoppers Food on any given day to score on the bargains. Since staying at home full time, we've really had to watch our budget (and who doesn't these days??) so I've tried to commit to spending only $50 a week on groceries and virtually nothing for diapers, OTC meds, paper products, cleaning products, and various health/beauty items. Each week I'm going to attempt to maintain a log here of what I get and how I do it. I'm a visual person and hate spreadsheets, so I'm just going to wing it here. Besides, I suspect not too many outsiders are lurking here! :-) Of course any and all questions and comments are welcome. And perhaps someday, I'll be brave enough to spread my blog around the internet, but until then, I'll hunker in safety.
Oh and let's hope baby #2 enjoys "Car ride-y" just as much as my Luke!
No comments:
Post a Comment