Children

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
~Anonymous

Friday, September 19, 2008

Expecting Number 2

So, as most of you know, Andy and I are pregnant again! I am 13 weeks along and still feeling horrible and constantly sick. I've never wanted to vomit and eat at the same time before. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. It wasn't this way with my first pregnancy, so I guess this little one quite a different personality already!

Aside from feeling very blessed to finally get pregnant (it took us about 10 months!) and being very grateful that all has gone well thus far, I cannot help but be a nervous wreck this time around. There is something for the saying that "ignorance is bliss" when you are pregnant the first time around. All I could think about was nursery themes, onesies, registries, and the cute little baby boy that would soon be in my arms. It never, ever crossed my mind that something could go wrong with either my pregnancy or my little boy. Well, one C-Section and a diagnosis of congenital torticollis later, and all cutesy thoughts of babies disappeared. Enter real life. Now that I am immersed in the world of motherhood, my life has been opened up to other moms who have undergone much worse with their little ones. This scares me. I am no longer ignorant and I miss the bliss.

No comments: