Children

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
~Anonymous

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Missing Boston

So, it's been just over one week since the Pecher family arrived back "home" in Virginia. Luke and I were fortunate enough to spend one whole month with my family in Boston while Andy "slaved" away working at both polititical conventions in Denver and St. Paul. I must say that I missed our cats, but that's about it! Although I was miserable and suffering from morning sickness, Luke had a blast. He got to know his cousins more and they just played all day long. They would run themselves out chasing each other, playing outside, or fighting over Thomas the Engine trains.

There are some special moments from that month that I like to play over in my head. For instance, one morning, big cousin Ari brought out her water colors to play with. Luke, not one to be left out, hopped up on Papa's lap and went to town. When he was finished, he proudly took his masterpiece, walked over to me, and handed it to me with the biggest smile. He felt so proud and my heart felt full. He is such a cutie.

We were lucky enough to be able to see Ari off on her very first day of school. She was very excited to get on that school bus and Luke and their other cousin, Nolan, were excited as well. Luke loves school buses. He screams with delight every single time he sees one and this time was no different. Now that we are back in VA, whenever he sees the bus, he still sometimes calls out "Nanni!" (his own little name for Ari). Makes me sad.

One of Nolan's favorite things in the world are his Thomas trains. Luke has picked up on this. Now, whenever Luke sees one or hears one as we are walking outside, he says, "Choo choo--Nanu" (again, his own little name for Nolan). Too precious. Ah, but those two are just one year apart and I know when they get older they are going to stir up some trouble together! LOL Just ask Grammie what happend to her computer when the two of them were left to their own devices!!

I know they say that home is where you hang your hat, but to me, home is where your heart is and mine is still in Boston.

No comments: